From the Arapahoe County Board of County Commissioners via the Centennial Citizen:
The Arapahoe County Board of County Commissioners recently appointed five citizens to serve on the newly-expanded Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority Board of Directors.
ACWWA is a water and wastewater authority responsible for the day-to-day operation of providing water and sanitary sewer services to its customers in a roughly eight-square mile area located in central Arapahoe County and a small portion of northern Douglas and Elbert counties.
Serving in their capacity as the Board of Directors for the Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Public Improvement District, the Commissioners expanded the ACWWA Board of Directors to nine members from its current seven-member board.
The Commissioners appointed the following citizens to serve on the ACWWA Board for staggered, one-to three-year terms:
– Mikkel R. Anderson, an executive with the International Risk Group.
– Steven H. Davis, developer/investor with Community Builders Inc.
– Linda Lehrer, president of Sierra Consulting, who served on the ACWWA Board from 2007– 2009.
– Geri G. Santos-Rach, a Medical Billing Analyst for IMED, who previously worked for the Colorado Public Utilities Commission until she retired in 2009.
– Dr. Phyllis R. Thomas, Utility Application Specialist with Phyllis Thomas Consulting.
In April, the commissioners requested applications from citizens interested in serving on the ACWWA Board of Directors. The County received 16 applications and the Commissioners conducted interviews with seven candidates before making its appointment.
“We want to thank all the citizens who took the time to apply for these positions and for their interest in helping to shape their community,” said Commissioner Rod Bockenfeld, who serves as Board Chairman.
“The citizens we appointed today bring a good balance of expertise and knowledge to the ACWWA Board of Directors.”
For more information about the Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority, visit their web site at http://www.arapahoewater.org.