The Greenway Foundation’s 20th Annual CH2M HILL Fall RiverSweep was held on September 29th as part of National Public Land’s Day and thanks to the generous support of many sponsors, including CH2M HILL as our Title Sponsor, this year’s event has set a new standard for community engagement for the South Platte River Greenway!
Here are some highlights from the day:
Over 500 volunteers worked close to 33,000 work hours for Denver Parks and Recreation, totaling a savings for the City and County of Denver of $32,861.95!
Other accomplishments include:
• 7 tons of trash removed from our river banks and surrounding areas
• 74 gallons of paint used at various locations
• 39 cubic yards of debris collected
• 2,302 gallons of debris collected
• 77 yards of mulch spread
• 15 cubic yards of suckers removed
• Hedged 1,000 linear feet of shrubs
• Mowed 850 square feet of turf
• Countless cigarette butts collected