From email from Reclamation (Dan Crabtree):
Aspinall Operations 2010 Runoff Facts:
· Runoff has subsided in the Gunnison Basin.
· Blue Mesa Reservoir peaked at an elevation of 7508.9 on about June 29th. This is 10.5 ft below the top of the spillway gate.
· June runoff into Blue Mesa was 205,000 ac-ft, 70% of average.
· The July runoff volume is projected to be 75,000 ac-ft, 75% of average, bringing the projected April – July runoff to 520,000 ac-ft, 72% of average.
· Releases from Crystal Reservoir are currently about 1,650 cfs, the Gunnison Tunnel is diverting 1,000 cfs leaving 650 cfs in the Black Canyon and Gunnison Gorge. This flow will be maintained unless hydrologic conditions dictate otherwise.
Due to a variety of scheduling conflicts, the Aspinall Operations Meeting has been rescheduled …. again. Please get out your eraser and pencil and mark Thursday, September 2nd as the date for the 2010 “August” Aspinall Operations meeting. It will be held at the Elk Creek Visitors Center at Blue Mesa Reservoir starting at 1:00 p.m. We will be discussing the above runoff information in more detail as well as past and future operations. Hope to see you there.
More Aspinall Unit coverage here.