#Drought news: Moderate drought exits #Colorado, pockets of abnormal dryness (D0) remain — The Kiowa County Press

From The Kiowa County Press (Chris Sorensen):

The final remnants of drought that spanned late 2017 through early 2019 have been removed from Colorado according to the latest update from the National Drought Mitigation Center…

Colorado Drought Monitor May 16, 2019.

Just three months ago, as frequent heavy snow storms began to impact western and central Colorado, the area was in extreme drought. A portion of southwest Archuleta County was still in exceptional drought – the worst category.

With this week’s update, abnormally dry conditions were also removed from the south central part of the state as rain and snow continued in the area.

Abnormally dry expanses continue for the east central mountains, portions of four southwest counties, and east central Yuma County.

Colorado Drought Monitor February 12, 2019.

Overall, 89 percent of Colorado is drought-free, with the remaining 11 percent in abnormally dry conditions.

One year ago, just 20 percent of the state was drought-free. Abnormally dry and moderate drought each covered 14 percent of the state, while another 20 percent was experiencing severe drought. Twenty-three percent of Colorado was in extreme drought, with the remaining eight percent in exceptional conditions. (Total does not equal 100 percent due to rounding.)

Colorado Drought Monitor February 13, 2018.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.